Monday, October 09, 2017

One-Pointed Mind

In this day and time, it is very hard to keep our mind simple. Although simplicity might be the best thing we can do in the midst of all the distractions and disturbances.

Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche from his book "Shambhala Principle"-
When I became overwhelmed, I would ask my father (Trungpa Rinpoche) what to do. He said, “Keep it simple.” This was one of the most powerful spiritual transmissions I ever received. He was communicating to me that I already had the answer: I could always come back to goodness. 

Keep it simple. One pointed mind is much more useful than a overwhelmed, chaotic mind. Just feel it one at a time. What we do right now at this moment. Place our mind on it. The source is goodness.

Acrylic on paper. 23 x 15 in.
Purchase this piece on Saatchi

No comments: